Who does not wish that their meals can last long? Avocado lovers can understand this. You do not need to worry much about wasting food because you can make the most of your food with a little planning. One of the easy ways to stretch your meals is to make sure your freezer is working properly. Here are some ways to make your meals last longer.
- Have a stock of whole grains such as lentils, beans, barley, oats, brown rice, and farro
- If you have leftover vegetables you do not know what to do with, you can cook some pasta. Then, cook the veggies into your sauce of choice. This can ensure that your vegetables will not go to the trash.
- When you plan to cook with dry beans, you have to keep in mind to give them time to soak.
- Get canned vegetables to give extra depth to your stews and soups. It is recommended to purchase ones that are low in sodium or no salt added. Before cooking, you can strain the contents of the can and rinse for 1 minute under the faucet.
- You can make your leftovers and vegetables last longer by putting them in your freezer. Freezing is a lot of help in making your perishables last a bit longer. Meals in the freezer are great for days when you do not have enough time to cook.
- Making bread last long is also possible when kept in the freezer. Just pre-slice it and put it in the freezer.